World History at
Term Paper Topics 18th Waves 2014 March, AP European History
For experienced students :
"Missing Chapters" in standard European History Textbooks :
Students who pick one of the following topics should compare 4 or more countries. They need to establish a source base
for each of their cases.
(1) Pietism in European History
(2) SKB The Temperance Movement in European History
(3) Americanization in Modern European History
(4) Ex-Playboy The Issue of Land Reform in European History
(5) The Role of the State in Education in Modern European History
(6) LJS The Industrial Revolution and the Catholic Church
(7) CWH Higher Education for Women in European History
(8) Migration in the Era of Counterreformation and Religious Wars
(9) History of the Glass Industry in Europe
(10) A Comparative History of the Labour Movement in Europe 1870-1910
(11) A Comparative History of the Tobacco Industry in Europe
(12) KYS A Comparative History of the Brewing Industry in Europe
(13) JGH 1968 in Eastern Europe
(14) OYL A Comparative History of the Green Movement
For Beginners :
Pick a modern history book covering recent history of a European country. In that book pick a specific chapter dealing with a part of
the period 1945 to 1980. For example : reconstruction after World War II, 1945-1948.
Then find sources written/produced at that time - yearbooks (Mr. Ganse's Office), newspapers (many online), newsreels (many online) etc.
In your paper you will contrast hindsight analysis and contemporary accounts.
(15) HJH The Americanization of France
(16) PMG Welfare States
First claim, by email, gets the topic; every topic only once.
November 12th 2012